The EasyData Service
A resource for analysts and economists tasked with monitoring and analysing the South African economy.
EasyData provides access to highly organised and up-to-date economic data and analysis through user-friendly and flexible data access options. EasyData saves you time and resources by linking you to macroeconomic developments at each stage of your daily activities—from data sourcing to analysis.
Macroeconomic Service — A wide-ranging collection of South African and Global macroeconomic data and analysis.
Industry Service — A unique and consistent analytical view of South Africa's economic structure by industry.
International Trade Service — Data and analysis on South Africa’s international trade.
Regional Service — Detailed regional economic data and analysis for the South African economy down to district, town council and lower sub-national levels.
Working with economic data can be challenging
Data is scattered over wide-ranging disparate sources, each with its own distinct characteristics. Typical issues you may encounter are:
- Procuring and updating your economic data from a myriad of unstructured sources that can be cumbersome and time consuming.
- Handling, storing and retrieving huge volumes of data that requires specialised database knowledge; dedicated software tools; and loads of physical data storage and backup space.
- Basic database housekeeping issues need continuous attention: classifying and creating meta data; splicing and linking data; interpolating data; standardising data; rebasing data; aligning data to a common frequency or structure; and performing basic transformations and calculations.
The EasyData solution
Subscribers gain Internet access to time-series, pivot tables and reports.
- Access anytime, anywhere via your web browser with no end-user software required.
- All your economic data is centralised in one repository.
- Timely and accurate daily updates as they are released by Quantec and its various primary data providers.
- Data and reports can be downloaded into Excel, CSV, EViews, Stata and Adobe PDF formats.
- Comprehensive online metadata includes a descriptive data overview, instructions for accessing the database, an explanation of the various mnemonic coding schemes utilised in the database and a complete hierarchical listing of the database contents. Each time-series is defined with cross-referencing to source. The documentation is embedded in the database.
- Internet access to the data combines an intuitive point and click hierarchical interface with advanced searching, basic tabulation, graphical and analytical features.
- Build, save, access and update your own user-selections of time-series online in EasyData.