ViewsWire combines the global connectivity of the Internet with the unmatched editorial resources of the Economist Intelligence Unit to deliver an unbeatable decision support service for global executives.
Designed for executives who require the latest global intelligence, each day the ViewsWire flags some 250 key economic, political and market developments around the world and analyses the implications for business. When a major event occurs ViewsWire responds with an immediate analytical briefing. This is the only online service that provides updated analysis and views on issues ranging from business operating risks to economic trends in developed and emerging markets. Through the ViewsWire you have instant access to our forecasts and risk assessments, a full range of our financial and economic indicators, and comprehensive coverage of tax, investment and trade regulations.
Intuitive searching by channel
ViewsWire makes it easy to locate the exact information you need. It provides five main channels for major and emerging markets-Politics, Economy, Business, Finance and Regulations-plus three new premium channels: Risk Briefing, Industry Briefing and Executive Briefing.
Country home pages
Finding what you want on the ViewsWire is simple and quick. Every one of the 201 countries on the database-from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe-has its own home page, so you can pinpoint the analysis you want.
A rich source of reliable data and analysis
- Analysis, not news - To make the right decision or to spot the right opportunity, you want more than just news. That's why the ViewsWire gives you hard-edged analysis, telling you what world events mean for your business.
- Timely business intelligence - ViewsWire gives you the intelligence you want within 24 hours of critical events around the world that may have an impact on your business.
- Concise and to the point - Each briefing gets straight to the point. Our expert analysts draw out the fundamental implications of key events, presenting subscribers with some 250 concise articles every day.
- Risk coverage - As international businesses grow increasingly nervous about the global business climate, we continue to support global executives with the risk intelligence they need. The new risk channel rates 60 countries according to their level of business operating risk with detailed analysis. Updated regularly, the service also delivers daily alerts on risk factors in the markets that affect you. (premium service)
- Industry coverage - We are respected for the depth and dependability of our economic and political coverage. Our new industry channel assesses the implications of our macroeconomic forecasts for eight key sectors, from automotive and consumer goods to energy and healthcare, and monitors these industries on a daily basis across the world's major markets. (premium service)
- Thought leadership - Executive Briefing, produced in partnership with Harvard Business School Publishing, is the definitive source of management thinking and advice for global executives.
- Intuitive searching - Finding what you want on ViewsWire is simple and quick. Every country has its own home page, from which you can pinpoint the analysis you want - from currency forecasts to industry trends. Or you can choose a channel, such as politics or finance, and assess global trends in that area.
- Financial coverage - ViewsWire helps you keep tabs on global financial indicators, distilling a wide range of sources into a dedicated channel of news analysis and statistics. The finance channel provides news analysis, outlooks and forecasts for currencies and interest rates, plus daily exchange rates, equity prices and extended background information.
- Downloadable data - Once you have found the data you're looking for, just download complete tables directly into your own documents.
- "My alerts" - Set up your own profile of interests and receive all relevant new articles or briefings via e-mail as soon as they are posted.
Three-year archive, updated daily
Online via the Internet