Information the way you need it
Central to each report is a review and analysis of the most significant recent political and economic developments in that country. Country Reports set the events in context and explain their significance—letting you filter out the noise of daily news reports and keeping you current on the most important issues.
Reports deliver the latest data on key economic indicators, which are regularly updated by our team of economists. Data are clearly laid out in tables and charts showing the country’s economic position and setting this in context within the region. Economic statistics are forecast out to five years.
Formatting and content is consistent across all regular reports, making country-by-country comparisons straightforward. Reports are broken down into four categories. Categories covered include:
- Executive Summary
- Five Year Outlook — five-year forecast of political trends, economic policy, and the domestic economy.
- Data and Charts — annual, quarterly, and monthly statistical tables.
- Country Snapshot — basic data, ministries, ministers, officials, and main political parties.
Accuracy backed by a robust methodology
Our network of 380 contributors and full-time analysts gathers information from around the world. Our London based analyst team carefully goes over data with the correspondent to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Our experts use the published data as the basis for our forecasts, and provide detailed analysis explaining the assumptions behind our forecast numbers as well as the potential risks to our baseline projections.
EIU analysts use their unique comprehension of local conditions — most analysts have firsthand knowledge of their countries — to turn raw information into crisp analytical reports. Each fact is checked and re-checked for accuracy and consistency. No analyst covers more than two countries and all have advanced degrees in economics and business.
Country Report delivers:
- Monthly main reports for 95 countries.
- Quarterly reports for 102 countries.
- In-depth political, economic, and business forecasts and analysis for every country.
- Frequent articles published between reports on recent events that may impact on our regular forecast.
- Downloadable Microsoft Excel tables.
- HTML or PDF viewing.
- Archives to 1996 (Enterprise only).
- Analyst access (Enterprise only).