Quantec has more than 20 years consulting background in the field of econometric and statistical analysis, providing statistical forecasting and risk modeling services on a regular basis. We require best-of-breed data management and analysis tools to manage and process our data in order to deliver quality results to our customers.
Statistical, econometric and forecasting software
Quantec is the regional distributor for a wide range of statistical and econometric software packages in South Africa and the rest of Africa. The focus of our software products is on econometric analysis, statistical analysis, data management & analysis, statistical forecasting, risk modeling, and graphic capabilities.
Stata 17 — Stata is a complete, integrated software package that provides all your data science needs—data manipulation, visualisation, statistics, and automated reporting. With both a point-and-click interface and a powerful, intuitive command syntax, Stata is fast, accurate, and easy to use. All analyses can be reproduced and documented for publication and review. Version control ensures statistical programs will continue to produce the same results no matter when you wrote them.
EViews 12 — With its combination of power and ease-of-use, EViews 12 is the ideal package for anyone who works with time series, cross-section, or longitudinal data. With EViews, you can quickly and efficiently manage your data, perform econometric and statistical analysis, generate forecasts or model simulations, and produce high quality graphs and tables for publication or inclusion in other applications.
Stat/Transfer 15 — Stat/Transfer provides fast, reliable, and convenient data transfer between popular software packages. Stat/Transfer knows about statistical data - it handles missing data, value and variable labels and all of the other details that are necessary to move as much information as is possible from one file format to another.
Qualities we look for in a software package
- Timely support and updates — Bug fixes and upgrades to leverage new hardware performance gains are critical.
- Innovation, novel ideas and features — Each new major software release introduces many new features that will simplify your work flow.
- Reliable and robust — Well written software that runs smoothly.
- Ability to leverage the power of multi-core computing systems Time is money. Speed improvements are essential.
- Perpetuity and commitment — Serious backing by major corporations and academic institutions ensures a healthy long-term outlook for further development and support.
- Community and endorsement — Numerous text books have been published for both Stata and EViews.
- Simplicity, a complete solution — Nobody enjoys discovering that the software package they purchased is missing crucial modules. A software package should be a complete working system without a web of 100s of extension modules.
- Ease-of-use — Even though econometric and statistical analysis are advanced tasks, the learning curve of the software user interface should be intuitive and well documented.