19 May 2020
Measures the flattening of the exponential growth curve to ease the burden on health services The 'Active cases' for each day are calculated as the 'Positive cases identified' minus 'Recoveries' minus 'Deaths' as obtained from www.sacoronavirus.co.za. The reasoning behind this metric is to look at the burden on health services, rather than at the absolute infection growth or the death toll.
18 May 2020
Stata users worldwide are using their Stata software to analyse COVID-19 data and the effects of the pandemic, both locally and globally. In response, StataCorp have organised a COVID-19 Resource Hub to help the world visualise the pandemic by highlighting some of the work of Stata users and Stata developers. The Stata resource hub provides Stata users tools to analyse COVID-19 data, solutions for online learning, a collection of data repositories, and community contributed research, just to name a few things. Go have a look for yourself at StataCorp COVID-19 Resource Hub..
13 May 2020
We have recently pointed out in a special note that the effects of an extended (and still continuing) lockdown on the economy will be quite severe.
11 May 2020
Measured at a seasonally adjusted basis, the rand value of imports decreased by 2.2% month-on-month in March 2020.
11 May 2020
Three of the eight major JSE sectors recorded positive month-on-month returns.
11 May 2020
Compared with the previous month, the rand weakened in April 2020 against all major emerging market and developed market currencies.
08 May 2020
Latest data up to March 2020 show that financial conditions eased considerably during the past three months.
08 May 2020
Following the imposition of strict lockdown measures in March, followed by a 2-weeks extension, and followed by a phasing out strategy where most measures remain extremely strict, the economy is expected to be shrink between 10% and 20% in 2020.
28 April 2020
After more than a month of some of the strictest lockdown measures imposed by any country, the jury is still out on whether we have seen the worst of the coronavirus epidemic, or whether the worst effects of the disease are still to come for South Africans.
21 April 2020
Prospects for 2020 and 2021 have worsened considerably owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, pressure on state finances, poor financial condition of SOE’s, and South Africa’s sovereign credit risk downgrade to junk status.
Quantec is a consultancy providing economic and financial data, country intelligence and quantitative analytical software.
StataCorp's COVID-19 Resource Hub - 18 May 2020
COVID-19 Coronavirus numbers in context and forecasts - 13 May 2020
South Africa Equity Market Monthly Report - May 2020 - 11 May 2020
- South Africa Economic Forecast & Review (Quarterly Report & Data)
- South Africa Consumer Vulnerability Index (Quarterly Report & Data)
- South Africa Bond Market (Quarterly Report)
- South Africa Economic Indicators (Monthly Report)
- South Africa Equity Market (Monthly Report)
- South Africa Financial Conditions Index (Monthly Report & Data)
- South Africa Fiscal Trends Overview (Quarterly Report)
- Quantec Fixed Capital Formation and Stock (Quarterly Report)
- South Africa Foreign Merchandise Trade (Monthly Report)
- South Africa Forex Market Overview (Monthly Report)
- South Africa Household Sector Overview (Quarterly Report)
- South Africa Money and Credit Market Trends & Forecasts (Quarterly Report)