Industry Briefing & Forecasts
In-depth news, analysis, trends, and forecasts for six global industries
Use Industry Briefing & Forecasts to:
- Gain insight into future industry trends that will affect your business.
- Compare countries over time using five-year forecasts.
- Stay current on the latest deals and issues affecting your industry around the world.
- Receive an authoritative strategic overview of the key events and developments that affect your business planning.
- Leverage EIU’s global network to extend your research capabilities.
Critical issues and events analysis
Each day, EIU industry experts post our analysis of the latest corporate and industry developments for each country we cover. This expert analysis allows you to maintain awareness of 6 major industries and 26 sub-sectors across the globe. Semi-annual industry forecasts help you to keep an edge on the competition.
EIU analysts cover the latest industry trends and developments in regular, thematic reports.
Data & forecasts
Each Industry Briefing includes comparable historic and forecast data for each country. The EIU Data Tool provides series selection, searching, and Excel® downloads. All series are forecasted out five years with some series forecasted out 20 years. There are up to 286 series per industry as well as additional macro-level series.
Industry risk ratings
EIU’s operational risk model is weighted for each industry, sub-sector, and country. Overall ratings are weighted according to their impact on particular industries. For example, high security risk will be weighted more heavily for the energy sector in Russia than the consumer goods sector. As an extension of Risk Briefing, this is a valuable resource for supply chain managers.
Commodity coverage by industry
EIU’s commodity forecasts and analyses are included in coverage of the Automotive, Consumer Goods, and Energy industries.