This release adds a number of new features for Enterprise users, offering new connectivity to a wider range of data sources, alongside the flexibility to write customised connections to even more.
- New Messaging System — EViews 8.1 introduces a messaging system that allows the EViews team to communicate news and important information to you on EViews startup. With this new system, you’ll never miss an important notification. The messages are designed to be non-intrusive, and you can adjust their frequency or opt out entirely. Messages include information such availability of new patches add-ins.
- Bloomberg Data Connectivity — With EViews 8.1 Enterprise and an account with Bloomberg, you can seamlessly search, query, and retrieve data from the world's leading financial data source.
- EIA Database Connectivity — EViews 8.1 Enterprise also allows direct access to data from the U.S. Energy Information Advisory (EIA), for free! EIA data includes many macro-economic variables, as well as hundreds of thousands of energy-sector specific series.
- EViews Database Extension Interface (EDX) — EDX is a set of COM interfaces that allows users full flexibility to develop and implement a customized connection to bring data automatically into EViews from any public or proprietary data source.
- EViews Database Objects Library (EDO) — The EDO library allows you to work with data stored in EViews file formats outside of EViews simply by using existing Database Manager and Database objects already implemented by EViews. Learn more about EViews Enterprise to help you directly connect to all your data sources with the most recent data each time you open your workfile.