Stata 16 is now available! Stata 16 is a big release and is filled with many new features for economists, statisticians and researchers practising in a wide variety of disciplines including economics, public health, biostatistics, sociology, political science, management, finance, psychology and education.
Stata 16 announced
June 27, 2019
New features include:
- Lasso — Model selection and prediction alongside cutting-edge inferential methods.
- Truly reproducible reporting — Create customized Word, HTML, PDF, and Excel files with Stata results and graphs.
- Meta-analysis — Powerful, yet easy to use, tools for summarizing, evaluating, and testing results from multiple studies.
- Frames—multiple datasets in memory — Load datasets simultaneously into frames. Link related frames. Multitask. Record results separately. Make code run faster.
- Choice models — Choice models are easy to fit and hard to interpret. Not anymore. Now you can truly interpret your results.
- Python integration — Take advantage of any Python package from within Stata. Call machine-learning packages, scrape data, perform image recognition, and more.
- New in Bayesian analysis — Multiple chains. Gelman–Rubin convergence diagnostics. Bayesian predictions. Posterior predictive p-values. And more.
- Panel-data ERMs — ERMs account for endogenous covariates, sample selection, and treatment all at the same time. And now add panel data to that list.
- Import data from SAS and SPSS — Your colleagues give you data in another format. You want to analyze the data in Stata.
- Nonparametric series regression — Not sure how to specify your model? Linear or nonlinear? Cubic or quadratic? Try nonparametric series regression.
Find out more about Stata 16 features, pricing, licensing options and how to purchase or upgrade to Stata 16 on our Stata page here.
Quantec is a consultancy providing economic and financial data, country intelligence and quantitative analytical software.
South Africa Equity Market — January 2021 Report - 11 Jan 2021
South Africa Economic Indicator — January 2021 Report - 11 Jan 2021
EViews 12 released - 11 Nov 2020