EasyData Excel Add-In user manual
The EasyData Excel Add-In enables users to update Excel spreadsheets containing data queries with the latest up-to-date data from EasyData.
What is a data query?
A data query is a selection of time series indicators saved in an Excel file. A file with one or more data queries can be refreshed at any time to update the file with the latest available data points. Data queries save time by eliminating the need to find and download selections of time series every time an EasyData user wants to obtain the latest data points.
- You need a subscription to the EasyData service to use the EasyData Excel Add-In.
- You need Microsoft Excel to use the Add-In.
Obtain the EasyData Excel Add-In.
The EasyData Excel Add-In can be found in the Office Store.
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Click on the Insert menu item.
- Click on Get Add-ins to find and add the EasyData Excel Add-In to your Excel.
Download a selection of time series indicators as a data query from the EasyData website
- Visit www.easydata.co.za in your preferred browser and log in.
- Click on Selections next to the EasyData logo.
- Click on one of your selections to view the selection.
- Click on the Download button and download the .xlsx file.
Refresh an existing data query with the latest available data points
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel.
- Click on the Add-ins tab.
- Click on the Launch icon in the EasyData Add-In.
- Log in with your EasyData credentials.
- Click on the Find data queries on worksheet button.
- Click on the Refresh data queries button to update the workbook with the latest up-to-date data from EasyData.